Law Library Student Assistant POOL - 11638BR
Law Library Student Assistant POOL
- Provides assistance to students, faculty, and other patrons at the Public Service Desks in the Law Library.
- Checks library materials in and out.
- Provides legal reference assistance.
- Answers telephones.
- Assists with and maintains library equipment.
- Maintains front desk supplies.
- Provides general information and directional guidance.
- Summons Reference Librarian for patrons with in-depth research questions.
- Opens and/or closes the library.
- Additional duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Current KU Law student who is enrolled in at least 6-credit hours and will be a 2L, 3L, LL.M. or S.J.D. in the 2018-19 academic year.
- Previous customer-service experience as demonstrated in application materials.
- Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule.
- Must be available on Saturdays and/or Sundays plus some daytime and evening hours during the week.
- Previous library work experience.
- Work study eligibility.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Positions are available for the Summer Session (with an anticipated start date of, May 14nd), the Fall Session (with an anticipated start date of, August 13th). Please indicate which session you are applying for, Summer only, Fall only or both Summer/Fall.
This is a POOL posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.
During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).