Marketing Journalist - 13081BR
As an integral part of KUEC’s marketing team, your day will be filled with activities such as:
- Researching, writing and producing content for print, web and email – examples include blog articles, newsletter content, press releases, landing pages, eBooks, whitepapers and promotional emails
- Writing and scheduling social media posts, which utilize applicable tagging and hashtags
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to develop marketing communications
The KUEC marketing journalist develops, writes and edits informational and promotional marketing communications that support branding, recruitment, University goals and KUEC’s mission to develop the workforce in Kansas City and beyond.
The marketing journalist reports to the KU Edwards Campus Marketing Publisher and resides at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park 16 hours per week during the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- 50% - Write and edit copy for blog articles, internal and external emails, newsletters, online resources, web pages and printed materials such as flyers and brochures. Ensure messages are supportive and consistent with campus marketing strategy.
- 20% - Schedule and write social media posts to align with campus marketing campaigns, events and content calendar.
- 10% - Document assigned events and supplement content with photography and/or video to share on social and embed where necessary.
- 10% - Perform coordination tasks to maintain successful alignment between internal stakeholders and the marketing team.
- 10% - Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, advertising, business, marketing or closely related field with at least four years of professional marketing writing experience.
- Experience writing for print and online publications for marketing purposes.
- Professional experience with social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- An understanding of content marketing and inbound marketing concepts as they relate to copywriting best practices as demonstrated in application materials.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated knowledge of Associated Press Style.
- Ability to edit and update web pages using a web content management system such as Drupal (preferred) or WordPress.
- Experience writing for search engine keywords.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and efficiently across multiple product or service lines serving varied audiences, such as at a design/ad/marketing agency.
- Photography, videography and/or video production skills.
- Desktop publishing or graphic design skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin November 7th and will remain open until November 15th, 2018.