Media, Sponsorship and Events Coordinator - 13143BR
Media, Sponsorship and Events Coordinator
Works with other Development staff to position KPR marketing efforts for maximum effect.
- Works with Development Director and other development staff to develop and follow a marketing plan that promotes KPR’s services and fundraising initiatives.
- Produces or oversees the production of marketing materials such as underwriting sales kits, print ads, brochures, maps and programming schedules.
- Produces or assists with the production and design of promotional items such as coffee mugs, t-shirts, stickers and window clings.
- Responsible for all content on all social media platforms. Oversees all station feeds including those run by other staff members.
- Writes press releases and contacts media outlets to promote KPR activities and programs in the hopes they will cover KPR.
- Coordinates and writes content for KPR’s monthly e-newsletter and occasional e-blasts.
- Handles media inquiries that come into the station, and directs the media to appropriate station personnel.
- Maintains and helps design certain web pages on kansaspublicradio.org.
30% UNDERWRITING ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for renewing contracts with existing corporate sponsors for Kansas Public Radio.
- Meets financial goals for existing underwriting accounts. Replace any clients that do not renew with new clients.
- Maintain a portfolio of trade contracts, negotiate new trade contracts for the station.
- Enters contracts in KPR’s database.
- Writes radio spots that follow FCC regulations, and sends spots to on-air hosts to be voiced.
- Communicates regularly with Development Director and underwriting staff regarding any issues with underwriting accounts.
30% EVENTS AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVES
Assists with planning and managing events, helps ensure deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
- Has a leadership role in the planning and staffing of KPR events, including concerts, listener appreciation events, and donor appreciation events.
- Researches and contacts possible event sponsors.
- Assists with planning and execution of KPR membership drives. Includes set up and break down, supervising volunteers, soliciting corporate and private challenge grants, and working shifts during the drive that are not during regular business hours.
- Ensures that events meet financial goals.
- Presence at KPR partnership events.
5% Other duties as assigned: Can occasionally involve manual labor.
Reports to the Development Director, but works as part of a team with other members of the Development Department.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of one year relevant experience.
- Demonstrated motivation, organization, and ability to follow through on projects and responsibilities.
- Availability during membership drives (development staff does not take vacation during membership drives).
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player - professional, courteous and able to work with a wide range of departments and personalities in a fast-paced environment.
- Background in communications.
- Graphic design experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Cloud.
- Fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of public radio and Topeka, Lawrence and Kansas City communities.
- Nonprofit experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. To be considered for this position, applications must be received no later than December 2, 2018.