Outreach Coordinator - 10747BR
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Budget – 15%
• Serve as the primary liaison between the Center for East Asian Studies and the Shared Service Center (SSC) at KU
• Prepare budget and budget reports in collaboration with the SSC and KUCR
• Assist with handling receipts, tracking expenditure, and other relevant budget information in collaboration with the SSC
• Conduct research to identify the mission, net worth, history of foundations, charitable organizations, or other data related to potential donors, investors, or general donor markets.
• Develop fundraising strategies and programs.
• Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
• Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, corporate, or government donors.
• Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for related to fundraising.
• Compile and develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
• Secure speakers for charitable events, community meetings, or conferences to increase awareness of charitable, nonprofit, or political causes.
• Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
• Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs
• Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
Outreach and Event Planning - 35%
• Implement grant-related outreach activities
• Develop and oversee staff
• Develop content and materials for outreach programs such as workshops, meetings, public lectures, conferences, and community events
• Ascertain that each outreach activity is managed within the budget
• Assist with the evaluation of workshops, meetings, and conferences
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with representatives of community and social and civic organizations
• Engage community members in outreach programs to increase their knowledge
• Assist with event logistics when needed, such as making room reservations, itinerary planning, presenter logistics, scheduling, RSVPs, and other necessary tasks
Reporting - 15%
• Report budget, outreach activities, and other necessary information to the grant reporting system
• Collect enrollment, outreach, graduation, and evaluation data and other information from various University sources.
• Coordinate data collection methods to demonstrate grant outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, liberal arts, communications, business, public policy, or relevant field.
- Minimum of one year experience in budget and/or accounting
- Experience in event coordination and outreach programs
- Experience in fundraising
- Professional knowledge of East Asian languages, cultures, history, politics, and/or society
2. Previous experience in organizing large projects
3. Previous experience in grant writing, budget, and/or financial reporting
4. Previous experience with problem-solving, including flexibility in response to unexpected situations
5. Preferred Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively with the public and working with diverse groups of people
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete the online application at: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/10747BR and include the required documents.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin on 01/22/2018 and continue until a pool of qualified applicants is obtained.