Part-time IT Assistant Programmer - PHP and WP Developer - 11753BR
Part-time IT Assistant Programmer - PHP and WP Developer
- 50% - Develop code, maintain and support software applications, implement and maintain databases, and user interfaces independently or in collaboration with others using a content management system (WordPress) based on PHP, MySQL, CSS and other web languages using current web standards and with attention to security issues.
- 15% - Research and develop solutions to problems or as specified by functional needs of the project and notate accordingly.
- 10% - Collaborate with project staff, clients, other developers/designers and others to understand and contribute to project needs and maintain a broader view of the project and potential for growth.
- 10% - Ensure web application interfaces meet needs of various end users (e.g., teachers, staff website administrators, etc.) via user analysis testing and other means, and act as primary technical support for end-users.
- 5% - Communicate frequently with the Research Project Director to provide status reports, review GoogleAnalytics data, and conceptualize website features and adjustments.
- 5% - Maintain competency and detailed technical skills as they apply to work projects.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree and three years of relevant experience developing web-based applications or a Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience developing web-based applications.
- 2 years demonstrated professional experience with web development using HTML and CSS, including URLs provided as samples of work.
- Two or more years experience in customizing a content management system (CMS) using: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, as well as designing relational tables and performing complex queries using an SQL-based language.
- Experience incorporating effective user interface considerations and designs with web application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least two years of relevant professional experience developing web-based applications.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, content teams, clients and management including excellent writing skills.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Two or more years demonstrated web design experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with a record of being reliable, flexible, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Experience with online learning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
- WordPress (including customized backend PHP development)
- Responsive web design
- Application/web security
- Writing and maintaining documentation
- Linux Administration
- Version control software (e.g. GIT)
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A letter of interest addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references, two which can address academic adaptations work.
- List of 2-3 URLs for sites you have developed using a customized CMS. For each, please identify: (a) whether you worked on this project independently or as part of a team, and your role; (b) dates for when you worked on the project, (c) whether this is a personal site or a site created for another person/entity, and (d) a brief description of the function of application.