Part-time IT Assistant Programmer - PHP and WP Developer - 12643BR
Part-time IT Assistant Programmer - PHP and WP Developer
In addition to a competitive salary, the University of Kansas offers great benefits to employees such as paid vacation, sick leave, ten paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities.
KU is a fantastic place to work!
- 15% - Research and develop solutions to problems or as specified by functional needs of the project and notate accordingly.
- 10% - Collaborate with project staff, clients, other developers/designers and others to understand and contribute to project needs and maintain a broader view of the project and potential for growth.
- 10% - Ensure web application interfaces meet needs of various end users (e.g., teachers, staff website administrators, etc.) via user analysis testing and other means, and act as primary technical support for end-users.
- 5% - Communicate frequently with the Research Project Director to provide status reports, review GoogleAnalytics data, and conceptualize website features and adjustments.
- 5% - Maintain competency and detailed technical skills as they apply to work projects.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Two years demonstrated professional experience with web development using HTML and CSS, including URLs provided as samples of work.
- Two or more years experience in customizing a content management system (CMS) using: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, as well as designing relational tables and performing complex queries using an SQL-based language.
- Experience incorporating effective user interface considerations and designs with web application development.
- Associate’s degree plus three years of relevant experience developing web-based applications or a Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant experience developing web-based applications.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, content teams, clients and management including excellent writing skills.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Two or more years demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with a record of being reliable, flexible, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Experience with online learning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
- WordPress (including customized backend PHP development)
- Responsive web design
- Application/web security
- Writing and maintaining documentation
- Linux Administration
- Version control software (e.g. GIT)
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please include a list of 2-3 URLs for sites you have developed. For each, please identify: (a) dates when you worked on the project, (b) whether this is a personal site or a site created for another person/entity, and (c) a brief description of the application.
Review of applications begins August 25, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.