PLUS Peer Leaders - Student Hourly POOL - 13182BR
PLUS Peer Leaders - Student Hourly POOL
This position will work under the supervision of the Director of the Peer-Led Undergraduate Supplement (PLUS) program and the Biology/Chemistry Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA).
- Facilitate PLUS sessions assisting students with science concepts in conjunction with the materials covered in the Biology or General and Organic Chemistry lecture classes.
- Attend the lecture classes and required weekly meeting for their assigned PLUS group.
- Participate in developing and evaluating PLUS materials relevant to the improvement of the PLUS program.
- Provide feedback on PLUS student attendees based on session performance.
- Promote the PLUS program via laboratory class visits and in other university events.
- Attend all the required PLUS orientation, training and workshop.
- Establish an environment valuing patience, encouragement and education in all the activities associated with the PLUS program.
- Report work hours and complete time-sheets as directed by the program supervisors.
- Must have a 3.0 or better GPA in Biology or Chemistry as evidenced in application materials
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate subject matter to a diverse student population
- Student with good academic standing and currently enrolled in at least 6 credits at the University of Kansas. “During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)”
- Prior enrollment and successful completion (grade B or better) to the PLUS course assigned to the student or in higher-level courses in the same discipline.
- Have attended PLUS sessions prior to becoming a peer leader.
- Available to attend the lecture classes for at least two consecutive semesters.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position to include grades for all sciences courses. Only complete applications will be considered.