Pool – Lecturer for Dance - 21839BR
Pool – Lecturer for Dance
The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the US before employment begins.
Teach undergraduate level courses in jazz, modern contemporary, tap, hip hop, and/or ballet in the Department of Theatre and Dance on an as-need or semester basis.
1. Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
2. Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
3. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments with students, as requested.
4. Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
• OR at least two-years of experience dancing in a professional company,
• OR at least two-years of experience teaching at an accredited university,
• OR two or more years of professional experience as a practitioner in dance, theatre, film, television, and/or other media.
• OR more than two-years of teaching experience at an accredited university.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Initial review begins on 4/25/2022, until a qualified pool of applicants is obtained
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing