POOL - Facility Supervisor-Student Hourly - 11960BR
POOL - Facility Supervisor-Student Hourly
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Completion of all duties assigned by Coordinator of Facilities and KU Recreation Services administrative staff.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with participants, guest, co-workers, and administration with a high level of integrity and consistency.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and work-shifts on time and take ownership with your work.
- Provide Customer Service such as conflict resolution and promoting inclusiveness to participants and staff.
- Oversee and manage all Staff activities and responsibilities including: Facility Assistants, CRT, Membership Services, KU Fit, Personal Training, Outdoor Pursuits, Intramurals, and Special Events.
- Assist with initial training of Facility Assistants and on-going management, evaluation and training of Facility Assistants.
- Report information to Facility Assistants by daily supervisory report, supervisor shift checklist, and incident/accident reports when necessary.
- Responsible for on-site supervision and administration of all KU Recreation Services facilities both inside and outside.
- Responsible for knowing the day-to-day operations and daily events scheduled.
- Structuring and organizing activities for participants and guests.
- Complying with established cash handling procedures.
- Assist Administrative Office with the sale of Guest and Fit Passes.
- Appropriate Utilization of communication devices and CSI Software programs.
- Ensure a safe environment exists for participants through preventative supervision.
- Recognize safety hazards which may cause injury.
- Recording and reporting of incidents and emergencies.
- Ensure specific doors are locked at specified times and ASRFC is secure at closing and opening.
- Theft and Theft Prevention
- Lost and Found
- Ensure all revenue is dropped in safe and start-up cash is stored in file cabinet.
- Responsible for all Supervisor facility keys.
- Responsible for setup/preparation and breakdown/clean-up of special events and work events as needed.
- Collection of event waivers.
- Dust, clean and sanitize entire SRFC as needed which may involve bodily fluids, toilets, and urinals.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at KU.
- Certification in CPR/AED or become certified within one month of appointment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate a state-owned vehicle.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills and experience as evidenced on application materials.
- Proven Customer Service experience as evidenced on application materials.
- Good written and oral communication skills as evidenced on application materials.
- Experience as a facilities assistant at KU or similar recreation work experience.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- CPR/AED certification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Complete Application Includes:
Online application, resume and cover letter.
Requisition will remain open until all positions are filled.