POOL - Fall 2018 Student Housing Desk Assistant - 12117BR
POOL - Fall 2018 Student Housing Desk Assistant
As KU Student Housing staff, you are expected to be receptive to education and information that supports and affirms students of various identities, including, but not limited to a broad spectrum of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, SES, age, religion, and ability.
35% - Monitor the card access system and security cameras for the resident community – ensuring access by residents, approved staff members, and accompanied guests only.
10% - Become familiar with and enforce policies and procedures of the University of Kansas and KU Student Housing.
Document incidents occurring during working hours and submit incident reports through the designated online incident reporting system. Communicate with other Residence Life staff members when appropriate and/or in accordance with reporting structure.
5% - Perform administrative tasks related to hall occupancy: key box inventory, check-ins/check-outs, lockouts, equipment check-outs, mail and packages, room reservations.
5% - Facilitate communication with the community. Serve as the information hub, at the direction of senior staff. Coordinate incoming and outgoing communication.
5% - Participate in all scheduled departmental, staff, and training programs as directed by your supervisor. Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work an average of 3 shifts per week (minimum 8 hours/week), including evenings, nights, and weekend shifts, as well as during the final exam schedule
- Available to work weekend or overnight shifts each week as scheduled
- Available to work shifts during University breaks (approximately one half of break days)
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment for employment (6 credit hours)
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software and applications, as evidenced by application materials
- Experience with KU Student Housing, with priority given to current KU Student Housing residents and staff
- Work experience including customer service and administrative duties
- Ability to manage work tasks in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to follow direction and communicate clearly in written and oral form
Additional Candidate Instructions
Interviews start: June 18th, 2018
Positions start date is on or after Wednesday, August 1st, 2018.
Application deadline: Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 (midnight)