POOL - Lecturer - Engineering and Project Management - 14135BR
POOL - Lecturer - Engineering and Project Management
To learn more about courses offered through the Engineering Management Program see http://emgt.ku.edu/current-student/courses, and for the Project Management Program see https://edwardscampus.ku.edu/pmgt-program-details#mepm.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins. Any employment with the University of Kansas is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. Appointments are one semester, renewable and subject to review and funding. Work location is at the KU Edwards Campus in Overland Park, Kansas. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
40% - Develops assignments, projects and exams. Supervises projects, evaluates student work and provides feedback to students. Maintains office hours as necessary to meet students’ needs. Courses are typically offered in classrooms and often include distance students.
20% - Maintains technologies, including a learning management system, a classroom lecture recording system, and a system for live inclusion of distance students.
- Earned master’s degree in engineering, engineering management, project management or a master’s degree in a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience and at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Doctorate level degree in engineering, engineering management, project management or a closely related field.
- Evidence of prior success in teaching, preferably at the graduate level (e.g., course evaluations, supervisor ratings).
- Experience with a learning management system, a classroom lecture recording system and a system for live inclusion of distance students.
- For project management lecturers, evidence of PMP certification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.