POOL - Lecturer - Kiswahili - 8519BR
POOL - Lecturer - Kiswahili
The lecturer position will be responsible for developing and/or teaching Kiswahili language courses.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate courses in AAAS, consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Teach a specified number of courses per semester.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Provide instruction for course(s) throughout the semester. Classes are generally regular session (16 week), but may include 8-week (or minimester) format.
- Develop assignments, administer exams, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours, as well ensure timely responses for student inquiries outside established contact time.
- Assume limited advising duties and attend in-service professional development meetings designed to improve teaching.
- Adhere to departmental, college, and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
- Minimum of an M.A. Degree in Kiswahili or languages, OR 2 or more years of distinguished teaching experience in Kiswahili at the post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated near-native or native language ability, and knowledge of culture(s) where the language is spoken.
- Consistent record of professional development in Kiswahili language instruction, e.g., workshops and certificate programs.
- A doctorate in Kiswahili or languages, OR five (5) or more years of distinguished teaching experience in Kiswahili at the post-secondary level.
- Evidence of prior success in teaching (e.g., course evaluations or supervisor ratings).
- Experience with online instructional technologies.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing