POOL - Lecturer - 11367BR
POOL - Lecturer
Applicants will be reviewed and considered for teaching positions as needs arise. Applicants will be accepted throughout the year. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Teach in BSW and/or MSW programs in content areas of social work practice, social welfare policy, human growth and behavior, research, or electives on Lawrence, Edwards, Ft. Hays, or Garden City Community College campuses in blended (half online/half in the classroom) or traditional classroom formats. This includes:
- Attending instructor orientation
- Planning and organization of the course, including syllabus preparation and approval by faculty mentor, textbook acquisition, etc.
- Instruction through the semester
- Administration of tests and assignments, including grading
- Being available to students through office hours and/or individual appointments
- Assigning and posting final grades
- Participating in School of Social Welfare curriculum development as appropriate
For teaching assignments in other areas: Minimum of Master’s degree with at least two years of professional experience in the area related to the potential teaching assignment.
For ALL teaching assignments: Previous work experience that required the ability to conceptualize the curriculum area. Previous work experience that required the ability to organize multiple tasks. Strong communication skills as demonstrated in application materials and interview.
- Experience with training, educating, and/or curriculum development in a professional role.
- Successful classroom teaching experience in a social work degree program.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The Review for this position will be April 18, 2018. Please apply prior to this date.