POOL - Lecturer - 11610BR
POOL - Lecturer
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate courses consistent with program instructional needs. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Regular Lecturer Duties:
Teach a specified number of undergraduate courses per semester
• Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
• In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
• Provide instruction throughout the semester for the class.
• Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
• Hold regular office hours for students enrolled in the classes taught.
• Supervise GTA's where applicable.
• Adhere to unit, College, and University policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references.1. Master's degree or equivalent, appropriate to the subject matter being taught.
2. Demonstrated discipline experience on topic being taught (from educational or employment experience).
3. Demonstrated teaching experience (classroom or online) at the College or university level.
2. Demonstrated teaching experience within a university honors program.
3. Demonstrated experience advising university students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing