POOL - Lecturer - 13870BR
POOL - Lecturer
seeks applicants to join a pool of lecturers (non tenure-track positions) for part- to full-time teaching positions in German. Applications will be reviewed and placed in a pool to be considered for teaching positions as needed on an ongoing basis. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Provide instruction throughout the semester under the guidance of the language program coordinator.
- Develop assignments and lesson plans, grade assignments in a timely manner, provide students with feedback and regular information about their progress in the course, and give students clear information about how to improve their performance in the course.
- Hold regular office hours for students in the classes taught. A minimum of two posted office hours each week is required.
- Maintain standards of excellence in teaching and in the evaluation of student performance.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- Attend teaching-related in-service meetings.
- Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in German or a closely related field OR 10 years of professional experience.
- Native or near native proficiency in English and German.
- Prior teaching experience
Additional Candidate Instructions
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing