POOL - Lecturer - 8106BR
POOL - Lecturer
Teach undergraduate course(s) and provide instruction throughout the semester. Depending on need to teach course(s) in one of the following areas: American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Public Policy, Political Theory or some combination of these areas.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate courses consistent with program instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
- Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week, one day a week.
- Depending on need, teach course(s) in one of the following areas: American Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, Public Policy, Political Theory or some combination of these areas.
- Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
- A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required. These office hours should be divided over at least two or preferably three different days.
- The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
- MA in Political Science or closely related field.
- Evidence of college-level teaching experience in Political Science.
- PhD in Political Science.
- Prior teaching experience in the specific course of interest..
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing