POOL - Lecturer - 8223BR
POOL - Lecturer
The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
20% Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled. Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students and assign grades.
10% Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught. Office hours should be divided over at least two days. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours. Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- MFA, MA, or other advanced degree in related field.
- Two (2) or more years of distinguished teaching experience at the post-secondary level. Distinguished is defined as a lengthy and notable or prominent record of mastery in teaching at an accredited institution, as defined by peer evaluation, course evaluation, and/or supervisor evaluation.
- Teaching experience in related Visual Art field.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Include on the cover letter a URL showing 10-20 works for an online portfolio; or
- Send a CD of 10-20 works of art (CDs will not be returned) to:
Visual Art Department,
ATTN: Mary Anne Jordan- Chair
1467 Jayhawk Blvd. Room 300
Lawrence, KS 66046