POOL-Membership Services Assistant-Student Hourly - 11071BR
POOL-Membership Services Assistant-Student Hourly
KU Recreation Services, a department within Student Affairs, provides a campus-wide impact at the University of Kansas by improving the quality of life for all students, faculty, staff, affiliates, retirees, alumni, spouses, and domestic partners. KU Recreation Services provides state-of-the-art recreational programs (Fitness, Intramurals, Outdoor Pursuits, and Sport Clubs), facilities, and services.
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
Membership Services plays an integral part in assisting KU Recreation Services with membership, guest services and office operations. Strong customer service is expected. All Membership Services Staff are expected to maintain and/or obtain current CPR/AED certification within 4 weeks of hire and Concussion Safety certificate. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Completion of all duties assigned by Membership Services Program Manager and KU Recreation Services administrative staff.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with participants, guests, co-workers, and administration.
- Cover/Trade shifts for co-workers when needed and when able.
- All decisions, actions, and enforcement of policies and procedures shall maintain a high level of integrity and consistency.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and work-shifts on time, while being ready to learn while at work.
- Act with personal responsibility.
- Implementation of risk management procedures and protocols when necessary.
- Enforcement of Facility Policies and Procedures
- Assistance with Membership Services including activation of memberships, updating member information, collection of revenue and distribution of receipts.
- Confirmation and activation of former student semesters.
- Production of KU Recreation Services Photo IDs for specific membership types as necessary.
- Issue guest passes (i.e. distribution of receipts), process guest waivers and collection of appropriate fee(s).
- Assistance with signup procedures and collection of fees for KU Fit, Personal Training, Bootcamp, Small Group Personal Training, Fitness Boxing and FIT4U.
- Collection & confirmation of Intramural Sports entry fees for specific individual/dual/team Intramural Sports events.
- Collection and confirmation of Intramural Sports entry and forfeit fees.
- Distribution of Pay Packets as necessary to new employees.
- Dissemination of accurate information to participants in regards to facility hours, services and programs.
- Screening and directing of incoming calls and appointments to appropriate staff member(s).
- Routinely check voicemail of Administrative Office phone.
- Data entry as requested from appropriate staff member(s).
- Collection of and distribution of incoming mail and packages.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures of Administrative Office as necessary.
- Copying for specific tasks/requirements (i.e. Sport Club Travel and New Employees).
- Greet participants/members in a positive manner upon entering Administrative Office.
- Assistance in the enforcement of facility policies and procedures.
- Proper handling of cash, checks, credit cards and completion of cashier balance sheets on each shift.
- Addressing problems with access to the facilities.
- Assist in proper risk management protocol.
- Other duties as assigned/requested.
- Must be enrolled in 6 hours at KU for fall/spring semesters.
- Exhibit Good oral communication skills as evidenced on application material.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Work Study Eligible.
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience.
- Proven ability to Multi-task.
- Money Handling.
- CPR/AED certification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Online Application, cover letter, resume.
- Previous customer service experience.
Must be available to work 6-20 hours per week Fall and Spring.
Requisition will remain open through Spring semester for possible additional hiring.