POOL-Personal Trainer-Student Hourly - 10708BR
POOL-Personal Trainer-Student Hourly
- Responsible for leading participants through a safe and effective workout prescribed by the trainer.
- Developing, leading & instructing participants through flexibility, cardiovascular, & resistance training programs.
- Defining measurable and attainable goals.
- Implementing risk management when necessary.
- Maintaining training session logs for the participant’s file.
- Assisting with special events.
- Ensuring payment has been received for session.
- Accurately documenting and completing payroll by the Sunday prior to pay date.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification.
- Participation in “Rec Alert” CPR/AED drills.
- Promptly alerting Assistant Director with any concerns or questions.
- Report broken/malfunctioning equipment, program concerns, personal issues.
- Attend monthly meetings and all required trainings.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at KU.
- Possess current CPR/AED certification, or willing to obtain within 4 weeks of employment.
- Either completion of ACE Personal Training Program taught through KU Recreation Services and Professional fitness certification will be required 6- Months from hire date, or have a nationally recognized certification from ACE, ACSM, NSCA, etc. upon applying for this position.
- Personal Trainers are required to maintain certifications while employed at ASRFC.
- Instructors are required to attend mandatory in house continuing education that is provided by ASRFC.
- Personal Trainers are required to work an average of 6 hours a week.
- Complete concussion training within 4 weeks of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience as a personal trainer.