POOL - Postdoctoral Researcher - 14441BR
POOL - Postdoctoral Researcher
- Reaction engineering, including detailed modeling and experimental characterization of novel reactor designs, multi-phase catalytic systems, and complex reaction kinetics;
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of homogeneous and/or heterogeneous catalysts for a wide variety of chemistries;
- Engineering tunable solvents (e.g., supercritical fluids, gas-expanded liquids, and ionic liquids) as reaction media or for energy-efficient separations;
- Molecular modeling of reaction mechanisms, condensed phases, or novel porous materials;
- Design and evaluation of chemical processes, including plant-scale simulations (Aspen/HYSYS), and environmental sustainability assessments (LCA);
- Advanced spectroscopic measurements and surface science;
- Analytical chemistry, especially as it relates to biomass-derived feedstocks and reaction mixtures.
20% - Actively engage in interdisciplinary collaborations, communicating frequently with research groups and researchers in private industry. Provide mentoring for graduate and undergraduate students, and other postdoctoral researchers as needed.
5% - Publish and report the results of CEBC research at professional meetings and assist CEBC and KU in securing intellectual property rights on inventions.
5% - Participate in professional development and educational outreach programs of CEBC; e.g., safety recruiting, procurement, diversity, and service activities, seminars, committees, etc.
2. Strong research history in a field or fields related to aforementioned research areas;
3. Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced through application materials;
4. Demonstrated work history as a member of a research team as evidenced through application materials.
**The Research Associate position additionally requires a minimum of 3 years postdoctoral research or industry research experience in a related field.**
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Substantial experience working as a member of a research team, particularly in projects related to biomass conversions (chemo-catalytic), catalytic oxidations, hydroformylation, hydrogenolysis, ozonolysis and solid acid catalysis.
- Supervisory experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate’s research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter; (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications; and, (iii) references.
Application review is to begin May 13, 2019 and will be ongoing. Applicants will be placed into a pool and hires made as needed.