Pool: RedTire Program Finance Analyst - 11672BR
Pool: RedTire Program Finance Analyst
This intern will receive the benefit of:
• Applying academic valuation techniques to a live company and learning other small business valuation techniques that are not generally taught in the academic accounting or finance classroom.
• Obtaining direct experience and insight into how to finance a deal and how to negotiate deal terms.
• Gaining valuable experience in dealing with project related work; especially with direct client liaison and with presenting and discussing model outcomes.
• Assisting in taking a RedTire business deal from the initial contact right through to closing the deal.
• Assist with day-to-day administration of RedTire (deal with applicant calls/meetings, administrative tasks, help prepare applicant reports, etc.)
• Help generate business candidates for inclusion in the program by assessing viability and sustainability.
• Extrapolate raw financial data (from tax returns and company P&L’s) into RedTire valuation models.
• Help with industry, location and market research initiatives.
• Other ad-hoc financial analysis duties as required to successfully maintain the day-to-day operations of the program.
• Lead business valuation analyses using established models.
2. Experience with MS Word, MS Excel.
3. Must be current KU Business student, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
**As evidenced in application materials**
4. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
5. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments dependent on most pressing issue.
6. Must be detail-orientated and methodical in analyzing data (like tax information).
7. The candidate should display an entrepreneurial mindset to help create program success.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review date: 4/19/2018
Pool - hiring will be ongoing