POOL Student Hourly - Customer Service Center Level I - 13007BR
POOL Student Hourly - Customer Service Center Level I
Customer Service Center fosters and strengthens relationships between the KU community and KU Information Technology by providing a single point of contact for services offered by KU IT in a courteous, timely, and knowledgeable manner. The Customer Service Center helps to facilitate access to information and the innovative use of technology in support of learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
- General troubleshooting and assistance to faculty, staff, and students with problems relating to KU computing systems and services (Enroll and Pay, e-mail, Blackboard, classroom support, virus/malware prevention, etc.).
- Provide support for general computing questions and problems end users may face (Wi-Fi, Email, Office 365, Outlook, etc.).
- Provide assistance and troubleshoot basic account management issues. (Password resets, special account assistance, etc.).
- Enter all issues into a ticket tracking software.
- Update the knowledgebase as required.
- Provide desktop remote assistance to users.
- Assist with special projects, administrative reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Students are required to be available to work a minimum of 10 - 15 hours per week.
- Must be available to work evening, weekend, holiday breaks and summer hours.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in various different KU Systems (Blackboard, Email, MyKU portal, Enroll and Pay, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and multi-task.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours at the University of Kansas or starting in the upcoming Fall semester (Freshman).
- Ability to properly document information in a clear and concise manner.
Required qualifications need to be addressed in application letter.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Office 365, Outlook, Teams, and Skype/Skype for Business).
- Knowledge of the following operating system(s): Windows and/or Apple OS/iOS.
- Experience with basic computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Adaptability and a positive attitude.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of:
- Cover letter addressing how the Required Qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Initial review of applications will begin October 8th, 2018 and will continue as positions become available. Pool hires will be made throughout the semester as needed.