POOL-Student Transit Assistant-Student Hourly - 12649BR
POOL-Student Transit Assistant-Student Hourly
The Student Transit Assistant will assist in the transit customer service functions at Parking & Transit, primarily over the phone.
Position is responsible for providing customer service for public transit, including assistance with trip planning, lost and found, and general transit-related questions for customers using bus routes both on and off campus. Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule, and the ability to learn and retain large quantity of detailed information are essential.
Job duties also include assisting with:
- Processing of lost and found items.
- Light clerical duties, such as filing and copying.
- Other duties as assigned.
As evidenced by application materials and interview:
- Meets University of Kansas enrollment criteria (minimum of 6 credit hours).
- Good problem solving and organizational skills.
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Required Schedule: Able to work year round, with 3- to 4-hour blocks of time between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Telephone and customer service experience, with ability to deal courteously and efficiently with the public, and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to callers.
- Familiarity with public transit (especially KU on Wheels or Lawrence Transit routes) as a user.
- Functional fluency in a foreign language, such as Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese.
- Ability to work independently, if necessary.
- Work-study eligibility.
- Punctuality and professionalism, willingness to help others, and ability to learn job quickly.
- Available year-round, including break periods (excluding Winter Break).
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please include a resume addressing how you meet the required qualifications, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references with your online application.
This posting will only remain open until all positions are filled.