POOL- Temporary Worker- Technical Support Technician (Tier I) - 17749BR
POOL- Temporary Worker- Technical Support Technician (Tier I)
The Technical Support Specialist I position is assigned to a Technology Support Center (TSC) and is responsible for providing technical support to the users associated with that TSC while working under direct supervision and following standard procedures and written instruction to accomplish assigned tasks. This position serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware / software, PC / Mac / Linux or printer problems. The position assists users via telephone, email, chat and in person with a wide range of questions, problems, and requests related to desktop software, hardware, peripherals, network issues, and applications issues.
This position will be located on-site at the Lawrence campus. Applicants should familiarize themselves with the PROTECT KU initiative and will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)/face coverings at all times.
Salary range for this position is $19.23 - $22.11/hour.
20% - Provide basic technical support via phone, email, chat or in person. Identify if the technical issue can be quickly resolved or it needs to be researched by a higher-level technical support unit.
15% - Meet customer requirements through first contact resolutions with excellent customer satisfaction. Continuously look to improve current business process.
15% - Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
10% - Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
40% -Perform special projects and other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Provide quotes for new equipment procurement.
- Maintain accurate inventory information for both hardware and software products.
- Create and document trouble tickets as indicated by the workflow.
- Create and update procedures and knowledgebase articles.
- Develop broad and in-depth knowledge of software and hardware that are unique to the support area.
- Support, install and upgrade new computer equipment including imaging of new computers.
- Perform tests to isolate the source of issues.
2. Written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
3. Demonstrated experience supporting Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
4. Demonstrated excellent customer service ability and resolution ownership of problem.
1. This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
2. This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
3. This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
2. Valid driver’s license.
3. Ability to complete tasks wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)/face coverings at all times.
2. Experience providing technical support in an academic environment.
3. Good oral communication skills.
4. Experience with imaging software.
5. Experience with Active Directory.
6. Experience with Microsoft System Center & Configuration Manager (SCCM).
7. Experience with enterprise Apple product management software (i.e. JAMF)
8. Experience with a ticketing system such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
9. Experience creating technical documentation.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review begins Monday, August 24th, 2020 and will continue until positions are filled.