POOL - TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly - 22092BR
POOL - TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly
The ideal candidate will present a professional demeanor, have excellent verbal and written communication, and tutoring skills. The ability to work independently and pay attention to detail are important. Overall, we are seeking a team member with great interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to follow through with tutoring assignments.
2. Assist students in subject content preparations for class/tests. Review important concepts relevant to subject tutored.
3. Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport with students.
4. Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
5. Check KU email regularly for information/assignments
6. Complete online time sheets as directed by the Project Office Manager/Payroll Supervisor.
7. Complete all necessary paperwork as directed by the Assistant Director of Academic and Professional Development
8. Keep Assistant Director of Academic and Professional Development informed of any tutoring issues
9. Attend all required tutoring orientations, trainings and team meetings.
10. Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation
2. 3.0 or better GPA in subject area/s to be tutored or special consent from Assistant Director of Academic and Professional Development.
3.12-15 credit hours in subject area(s) to be tutored or special consent from Assistant Director of Academic and Professional Development.
4. Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations as evidenced in application materials.
2. Completion of one semester or more of coursework at the University of Kansas
3. Eligible for work-study
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Completion of the online application
- Cover Letter
- Names/Contact information of 3 professional references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
2-12 hours per week
Flexible between the hours of: