Post-Doctoral Researcher - 10580BR
30% - Work with a multidisciplinary team to refine maps based on literature and empirical evidence. Review the existing map sections covering the academic targets and the critical skills supporting them to identify any missing skills or connections between them. Edit map sections include any additional critical skills and connections to make them better reflect the developmental and empirical research covering the academic targets.
25% - Produce professional documents and presentations for dissemination to communicate findings to the larger scientific and educational community, e.g., manuscripts submitted to peer reviewed journals, technical documentation, and presentations at national conferences.
15% - Consult with experts to identify seminal literature and to develop potential map pathways to represent skill acquisition when empirical literature is limited (i.e., skill acquisition for students with particular sensory disabilities – vision, hearing, mobility).
- Doctoral degree in a discipline related to education or human behavior such as early childhood or elementary education, special education, educational psychology, developmental psychology cognitive psychology, or learning sciences.
- Academic or professional experience conducting, documenting, and synthesizing developmental and empirical research (especially experience using key word searches within traditional academic databases, as well as Google scholar, hand searches of journals, author-specific searches, etc.).
- Successful experience working in a multidisciplinary, team-based environment as evidenced by work history, professional training or a combination of both.
- Experience using complex spreadsheets and databases as evidenced by previous work history or professional training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for scholarly and practitioner audiences.
Note: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6 months.
- Knowledge of the skills and abilities contributing to developing ELA, math, or science proficiency.
- Knowledge of child development and the impact of disabilities on skill acquisition.
- Knowledge of principles of universal design for learning and assessment.
- Prior work on projects related to contemporary academic content standards, including Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins January 12, 2018.