Postdoctoral Researcher - IRACDA - 16775BR
Postdoctoral Researcher - IRACDA
15% - Mentored undergraduate teaching at Haskell Indian Nations University in year 2 of the program.
15% - Data analysis, record keeping and reporting.
5% - General laboratory responsibilities.
- Ph.D. in the area of chemistry, biology, or a related field with no more than two years of previous postdoctoral experience.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
Position Requirement: Per University of Kansas policy, all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check. Haskell Indian Nations University requires successful candidates to satisfactorily complete an additional background check prior to teaching at Haskell. Haskell's background check is in addition to and separate from KU's background check.
- Special interest in developing a career in academic science with an emphasis in teaching at an institution that serves underrepresented minorities.
- Experience working with minority students.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins on May 4, 2020 for appointments beginning Fall 2020 and continues until positions are filled.