Postdoctoral Researcher - 10770BR
20% Manuscript Preparation: Write technical reports and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals and possibly assist in the preparation of research proposals to federal, state, and private organizations.
20% Collaboration: Assist the principal investigator, graduate students, and undergraduates working in our lab in data analysis and manuscript preparation.
- Ph.D. dissertation officially submitted to the candidate’s home institution prior to KU’s official offer of the position;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ecology in general;
- Strong knowledge of multivariate statistics and R programming per application materials;
- Proven abilities in GIS;
- Publications in refereed journals.
To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6 months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Ph.D. dissertation officially awarded by the candidate's university;
- Demonstrated knowledge of aquatic ecology;
- Five or more publications in national and international journals, some of which need to have strong statistics and GIS components.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins January 29, 2018 and continues until position is filled.