Postdoctoral Researcher - 11534BR
Experience with gas separations using zeolite materials, design and operation of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) equipment and modeling PSA systems is required.
These duties include carrying out original research relative to the laboratory mission. Perform experiments on an individual basis that pertain to current research topics in the department.
20% Reporting - Write reports and papers
Writes technical reports and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of preparation of grants/contracts and proposals for federal, state and charitable organizations and industrial clients.
15% Collaboration - Assist other laboratory members with experiments
Assist the principal investigator to provide experimental and technical supervision of one or more technician, graduate student and/or post-doctoral researchers and/or fellows.
5% Laboratory protocol - Routine lab management
Ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, records and document management as well as experimental protocols and data, and coordination of good lab practices and lab safety.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with gas separations using zeolite materials, design and operation of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) equipment and modeling PSA systems
- Strong research history in a field or fields related to aforementioned research areas
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a research team
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis.
- Substantial experience working as a member of a research team, particularly in projects related to biomass conversions (chemo-catalytic), catalytic oxidations, hydroformylation, hydrogenolysis, ozonolysis and solid acid catalysis.
- Supervisory experience
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application Review will begin April 19, 2018. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2018.