Postdoctoral Researcher - 11564BR
20% Conduct independent primary research on genome biology, functional genomics, and evolutionary genetics.
20% Publish independent primary research results in appropriate journals.
10% Facilitate & support the group’s overall research program through (i) basic training of new students, (ii) supervision of the laboratory personnel, and (iii) maintenance of the laboratory.
10% Assist with developing and teaching an introductory workshop to genomics and bioinformatics for undergraduate students and researchers.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Statistics or closely related field.
- At least one year of experience with research in genomics and bioinformatics.
- Expertise in programming in the R statistical computing language as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrable independence in ethical conduct of high-quality scientific research.
- Evidence of working well within a diverse group, including resolution of major or minor conflicts.
- Experience developing software packages in R, particularly for Bioconductor.
- Strong quantitative/statistical skills, particularly concerning linear modeling.
- Demonstrated experience or keen interest in evolutionary genetics as applied to genome biology.
- Experience with Illumina-based functional genomic data (e.g. RNA-seq).
- Experience with teaching/mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in genomic and bioinformatic methods.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Initial review of applications will begin April 23, 2018 and continue as long as needed to identify a qualified pool.