Postdoctoral Researcher - 11954BR
- These duties include carrying out original research relative to the mission of the Wolfe laboratory. The lab is focused on the mechanism and pharmacological modulation of intramembrane proteases such as gamma-secretase and understanding the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease. The successful applicant will design and execute experiments that pertain to current research topics in the laboratory. Laboratory techniques will include cloning and mutagenesis, protein expression and purification, enzyme and cell-based assays, and testing new inhibitors and substrates.
- These duties include writing technical internal reports, standard protocols developed in the lab, and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals.
- Trains other staff in the use of specialized equipment as well coordinates the maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- These duties include but are not limited to ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, management of laboratory records and documents as well as experimental protocols and data, and coordination of good lab practices and lab safety.
- Ph.D. in the area of protein biochemistry or biophysics or a related field.
- Experience in the design, execution, and interpretation of relevant experiments using protein expression, purification and assays
- Experience in the design, execution, and interpretation of relevant experiments using molecular biology (e.g., mutagenesis)
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in application materials and publications.
- Experience in membrane protein biochemistry
- Experience with biophysical techniques such as SPR, ITC and CD.
- Broad knowledge of cell and molecular biology.
- Publications in the areas of biochemistry, biophysics and/or cell and molecular biology.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a collaborative research effort.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications. Review of applications begins July 23, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified.