Postdoctoral Researcher - 12275BR
- These duties include carrying out original research relative to the mission of the center. The center is focused on the development of pharmaceutical formulations of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to perform experiments on an individual basis that pertain to current research topics in the center including analytical characterization, stabilization, formulation and delivery of a wide variety of macromolecules used as biopharmaceutical drugs and vaccines including peptides, proteins, nucleic acids, virus-like particles, live attenuated viruses and bacterial cells.
- These duties include writing technical reports for the industrial clients, standard operating procedures of new and unique laboratory equipment and writing scientific papers for peer reviewed journals.
- Trains other staff in the use of specialized equipment as well coordinates the maintenance of laboratory equipment. Equipment includes CD, fluorescence, FT-IR, light scattering calorimetric techniques, HPLC, gel and capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS and other biophysical and biochemical techniques
- These duties include but are not limited ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, management of laboratory records and documents as well as experimental protocols and data, and coordination of good lab practices and lab safety.
- Ph.D. in the area of pharmaceutics, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, or a related field.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in application materials and publications.
- Experience in protein biochemistry
- Experience and design of relevant experiments using biophysical techniques such as CD, fluorescence, DSC and light scattering
- Experience in high throughput excipient screening for biopharmaceuticals
- Experience with HPLC, gel and capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS and peptide mapping.
- Knowledge of cell and molecular biology.
- Publications in the areas of pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, virology and/or cell biology.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a collaborative research effort.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications begins July 31, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date