Postdoctoral Researcher - 21912BR
The selected postdoctoral researcher will have the opportunity to participate in scholarly and professional development activities, including opportunities to author research manuscripts, prepare applications for extramural research funding, and manage personnel. The candidate must live or be willing to relocate to the Baltimore, MD area.
The position will be a full-time (1.0 FTE) research dedicated fellowship for 1 year with possibility of renewal, depending on the stage of training of the incoming trainee and their rate of progress. Start date is flexible and will be determined between the successful applicant and mentoring team. The position is located in Baltimore, MD. The candidate must successfully pass a background check. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Responsibilities include tasks associated with project coordination and oversight, including activities that support recruitment, screening and enrollment, data collection and analysis, and preparation of written reports – a representative summary of responsibilities is presented below; however, successful applicants may perform related duties as needed.
- Performs recruitment, screening, and enrollment of human research subjects
- Conducts data collection sessions
- Prepares and organizes study materials
- Assists in preparing IRB and NIH regulatory documents
- Coordinates compensation activities for research subjects
- Monitors and adheres to research project timelines and procedures
- Prepares project reports for regular team meetings
- Oversees students and study staff in relevant project procedures
- Orders supplies and keeps inventory
- Performs data entry
- Performs regular data quality assurance checks
- Performs data analyses as needed
- Manages and reports metrics of research success
- Prepares manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Prepares grant applications for independent funding
- The candidate must live or be willing to relocate to the Baltimore, MD area.
- The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
- Doctorate-level degree in a discipline related to the project, including but not limited to Experimental Psychology, Behavioral Psychology, Clinical Psychology, or Nursing.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated experience in using computers and related software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, SPSS).
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the doctorate conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Ability to work with underserved populations (e.g., low SES).
- Ability to supervise Research Aides or other research support staff.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins 5/16/2022 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified.