Postdoctoral Researcher - 22234BR
- These duties include carrying out original research relative to the mission of the Wolfe laboratory. The lab is focused on the mechanism and pharmacological modulation of the intramembrane protease gamma-secretase and understanding the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. The successful applicant will design and execute experiments that pertain to current research topics in the laboratory. Laboratory techniques will include cloning and mutagenesis, protein expression/purification/characterization, enzyme and cell-based assays, mass spectrometry, and testing new inhibitors and substrates.
- These duties include writing technical internal reports, standard protocols developed in the lab and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals.
- Trains other staff in the use of specialized equipment as well as coordinates the maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- These duties include but are note limited to ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, management of laboratory records and documents as well as experimental protocols and data, and coordination of good lab practices and lab safety.
2. Experience and design of relevant experiments using protein expression, purification and assays, as demonstrated by a minimum of 2 publications.
3. Experience and design of relevant experiments using molecular biology (e.g., mutagenesis), as demonstrated by a minimum of 2 publications.
4. Knowledgeable on the use of mass spectrometry for protein and peptide analysis.
5. Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated in application materials and publications.
2. Experience with biophysical techniques for protein analysis (e.g., fluorescence polarization)
3. Broad knowledge of cell and molecular biology.
4. Publications in the areas of biochemistry, biophysics and/or cell and molecular biology.
5. Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a collaborative effort.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins May 31, 2022 and continues until a successful candidate has been identified. To ensure first consideration, please apply by May 30, 2022.