Postdoctoral Researcher - 22510BR
Starting Date: Jan 2, 2023
Length of Appointment: Appointment is for 2 years with possible extension subject to funding and performance.
GENERAL DUTIES: Research in Experimental Astroparticle Physics. The successful candidate will contribute in several aspects of the experimental astroparticle physics group's research program of Professor Steven Prohira, including hardware/firmware development, modeling and simulation, field work, publication of research results, and travel as required for work duties.
Specific Job Duties (percentage of time)
90% Work on the RET experiment, primarily working on hardware and/or firmware for upcoming experimental deployments including the duties above.
10% Working with students and doing outreach in service of the goals of our grants.
- A Ph.D. in physics by date of appointment
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6 months.
- Completion of Ph.D. within the last four years.
- Experience in experimental particle or astroparticle physics or related experimental field.
- Experience in experimental techniques and software relevant to radio experiments.
- Experience and ability in hardware and/or firmware design.
- Experience and ability in field work and experimentation.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with peers and students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
Curriculum Vitae including publications list
Statement of Research Interests and Skills
At least three letters of recommendation
Initial review date is August 15, 2022 and will continue until qualified applicant pool is identified. Please apply this date for priority consideration.