Postdoctoral Researcher/Associate Researcher - 17804BR
Postdoctoral Researcher/Associate Researcher
Starting Date: January 18, 2021, or as soon thereafter as the position can be filled (also negotiable).
Length of Appointment: Initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal annually for four subsequent years subject to review and continued grant funding. The person may be stationed at CERN, in Geneva, Switzerland or at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
GENERAL DUTIES: Research in Experimental High Energy Physics. The successful candidate will contribute in several aspects of the experimental high energy physics group's research program including detector design, development and operation, data analysis and event simulation, and publication of research results.
50% - Physics analysis of the CMS data. Development of new techniques applicable to physics analysis. Documentation, presentation and publication of research results.
40% - Appropriate contributions to the group's responsibilities in the CMS experiment. Current responsibilities include contributions to the tracker project and trigger studies.
10% - Assist the faculty in guiding the group's graduate and undergraduate students.
Postdoctoral Researcher Qualifications
- A Ph.D. in physics by date of appointment.
- Experience in experimental high energy physics or related experimental field.
Associate Researcher Qualifications
- A Ph.D. in physics.
- Three or more years of post-doctoral research experience in experimental high energy physics or related experimental field.
- Experience in experimental techniques and software relevant to collider experiments.
- Experience and ability in particle physics data analysis.
- Experience and ability with particle detector design, development and operation.
- Good communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae (including publications list)
- Statement of Research, Interests and Skills
- Contact information for three professional references
- In addition, please have three letters of recommendation sent to email@example.com.