PRN Temporary Athletic Trainer - 13075BR
PRN Temporary Athletic Trainer
The incumbent in this position will see, hear and possibly have access to confidential information that must be handled in accordance with all relevant state and federal laws and University policies and procedures regarding its use and disclosure. This position is also authorized to review, create and process patient information and/or data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
WHS utilizes computer technology in all aspects of its operations, including an electronic health record system. The incumbent must become familiar with and be able to use the appropriate computer hardware and software programs associated with this position.
The incumbent must become familiar with and adhere to the Watkins Health Services Customer Service Plan to ensure appropriate interaction and positive outcomes with both internal and external customers.
Watkins Health Services is a unit in Student Affairs.
20% Follows prescribed rehabilitation and treatment protocols when providing health care for injured students.
15% Properly maintains any records in the appropriate record system. If the patient is seen at WHS, this should include initial evaluation findings, goals, and treatment plans, changes in patient’s condition, final discharge summary; and records information necessary for billing.
5% Follows up with WHS physicians or other staff, as necessary, regarding patient progress.
5% Assists with the operation and development of existing or new programs within the realm of physical medicine
5% Works evenings and weekends to support the Club Sports with on field injury intervention.
2% Checks equipment for wear, keeps work area free of hazards.
1% Maintains national certification and state licensure by completing educational requirements.
- Undergraduate Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Health or related field.
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) with NATABOC.
- Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT) with State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts or eligible.
- Current CPR certification or within six months of hire.
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education, Health or related field.
- Two years of experience working as a certified Athletic Trainer.
- Experience working with people of varying backgrounds, goals, and philosophies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as evidenced in application/interview.
- Experience maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.