Program Coordinator - 17466BR
This is a 12-month, full-time, administrative professional staff position. The Hall Center Program Coordinator reports to the Hall Center Assistant Director. The Program Coordinator performs critical program administration and supervision related specifically to the outreach component of the Center's mission.
Please note that all upcoming events hosted by the Hall Center will take place online until it is safe to resume in-person gatherings. The successful candidate for this position will be encouraged to work remotely at least until the end of 2020, even once the building in which the Hall Center operates has reopened.
Program Administration and Supervision (85%)
- Holds primary responsibility for administration of the Hall Center's events and programs. Assists the Director and Assistant Director in planning and developing Hall Center events and programs. Independently coordinates programming with direction from the Hall Center Assistant Director. Participates in the development and implementation of Hall Center policies and procedures relative to programming. May coordinate special programs related to grant activities. Supervises Event Specialist.
- In coordination with communication coordinator, creates, produces, and delivers a range of promotional, educational, and informational presentations and/or resource materials related to program activities and initiatives. Produces programmatic materials to support the programs, projects, grants, and other activities to foster the engagement of students, community, faculty, and staff in the research, instruction, and service of the Hall Center.
- Coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation and related support for Hall Center programming.
- Provides daily problem-solving as necessary.
- Coordinates the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data; writes and edits comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports and evaluations; communicates the status of all event and program planning to the Director and Assistant Director during regular staff meetings; tracks program requirements and annual updates.
- Facilitates meetings of the Hall Center’s advisory committees, including the Executive Committee, Friends Council, and Advisory Board. Coordinates internal and external reviews.
- Liaises with off-site partners during planning and events. Is present for and offers support and troubleshooting at all programs and events.
- Trains and supervises any student employees assisting with events and programs.
Hall Center Operations (10%)
Serves as back-up to Hall Center Budget Analyst, includes maintaining proficiency in operations of all relevant KU financial systems. Manages inventories, anticipates supply needs, and serves as a Shopper in the KUPPS procurement system.
Other Duties and Special Projects as Assigned (5%)
This position description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position; it is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all duties required.
- Master's degree OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years related experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as demonstrated by application materials and interview process.
- Previous experience working in a team environment.
- Position may require work hours in evenings and occasional weekend hours as required by the Center's event schedule.
- Three (3) years of experience in program administration or event planning related work in support of academic and/or business professionals
- Experience working with the public in a service capacity
- Experience with proofreading and copy editing, mass mailings, and/or inventory controls.
- Experience with accounting/budget management
- Experience with office machines and MS Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with the humanities through experience or course work.
Additional Candidate Instructions
The review of applications will begin on July 31, 2020 and will continue until a pool of qualified applicants is obtained.