Psychometrician Lead - 12049BR
- Work closely with program management, content development, and technology to design, prioritize, and coordinate a comprehensive psychometric agenda to support the testing program
- Formulate and direct psychometric studies to evaluate assessment system technical quality
- Manage one or more team members to ensure high quality and timely completion of all projects including all scoring and reporting deliverables
10% Collaborate with internal CETE teams (e.g., test development, test production, implementation) and external teams (e.g., Agile Technology Solutions) to apply research findings to practice and support continuous improvement.
5% Serve as senior consultant on psychometric topics to psychometricians in other centers.
5% Present to various audiences, including state education agency staff, Technical Advisory Committees, and at professional conferences.
10% Disseminate research findings through peer-reviewed journals and other scholarly outlets.
- Doctorate in Measurement, Statistics, or closely related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience working on psychometric issues in large-scale assessment using both classical and item response theory approaches.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by written work samples materials.
- Demonstrated operational experience in traditional psychometric activities, such as equating, scaling, validity studies, accommodations research, etc.
- Experience supervising staff and/or Graduate Research Assistants in conducting psychometric analyses and developing technical documentation.
- Effective communication skills for interacting with technical and non-technical audiences.
- A record of presentations and publications on issues of importance to large-scale assessment programs.