Research Aide - 10978BR
- Keep transgenic mice lines, code ID with ear tag, collect samples for research project,
- Run routine experiments including gel preparation, DNA isolation, and PCR genotype
- Keep accurate records of experiments performed, tissue samples, and database update
- Prepares research equipment
- Maintain lab stores of common reagents and stock record
- Provide technical direction to other lab members.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science field (Bio/Chem/Phys) with one year of experience or High school/GED and 3 years related experience
- Ability to perform work in a neat and orderly manner in accordance with regulations.
- Ability to follow instructions and be able to pay close attention to details and adhere to instructions.
- Ability to work with animals (mice).
- Good organizational skills as evidence by application materials and prior work experience.
- Background with molecularbiology for DNA isolation and PCR
2. Proven ability to communicate effectively and to work well with others in a laboratory environment.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Review of applications begins February 19, 2018 and continues until a qualified pool of applicants has been identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date