Research Aide - 11544BR
Under general direction, assist the principal investigator, postdoctoral fellow, graduate research students by performing moderately complex research and experimentation following established protocols. Performs routine lab and equipment maintenance, such as maintaining glassware equipment; sets-up and operates various scientific apparatus. Assists with research projects and may perform independent research. Compiles, processes and analyzes data.
10% Performs various clerical duties including typing, answering phones, preparing correspondence, preparing and maintaining bibliographies, and completing applications and forms.
50% Assists with research projects; performs independent research; plans, designs and implements research projects; prepares and maintains culture media, reagents, and experimental animals; grows cultures; administers injections; performs various assays; sterilizes equipment; separates and purifies various materials and substances using such techniques as chromatography and electrophoresis; performs surgery on experimental animals; orders laboratory supplies; prepares compounds; interprets experimental test data.
10% Performs various editorial duties; writes, reviews and edits various materials for publication; prepares publication schedules.
15% Attends and participate in meetings, conferences, and training groups.
5% Compiles processes and analyzes data; records research procedures and results; files and maintains records.
2. Experience in cellular and molecular biology approaches.
3. Broad knowledge and experience involving laboratory techniques.
2. Knowledge of the use and preparation of culture media, chemicals, and reagents.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology.
4. Verbal and written communication skills.
5. Interpersonal/human relation skills.
6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to tend to details.
8. Ability to maintain records and inventories.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins April 15, 2018.
Applications will continue to be reviewed until qualified pool of applicants is found.