Research Project Specialist - 17525BR
Research Project Specialist
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Our staff is working exclusively from home at this time, but anticipate returning to our offices on campus at some point in the future. We will consider an exclusively remote staff person outside of the Lawrence, KS area for this position.
30% - Assist with proposal development. Duties include writing and editing narratives, preparing and organizing supplemental materials, creating graphics, conducting research, establishing and monitoring timelines and deliverables, and coordinating staff efforts.
15% - Coordinate special projects on behalf of senior staff. Duties include writing and editing, lit searches, data entry, maintaining repositories, and user-testing websites or website platforms.
10% - Assist senior researchers with study recruitment, materials, and logistics. Duties include preparing materials, participating in coding teams, and providing qualitative data extracts for analysis.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma or GED equivalency and three years of relevant experience.
- Two or more years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite and web conferencing tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Master’s degree.
- One or more years of experience professionally editing and/or writing reports, including products for academic and non-academic audiences.
- Previous experience developing grant proposals.
- Previous experience designing and writing content for website.
- Knowledge of procedures for searching, reviewing, and synthesizing scholarly literature.
- Experience with a range of software including SharePoint, EndNote, InDesign, Visio, and Dedoose.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, cross-functional teams, and external partners.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and respond to changes in work priorities and processes, as evidenced from prior work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail in written work as evidenced by application materials.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins August 1, 2020 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure first consideration, apply before the application review date.