School of Business Associate Dean - Graduate Programs - 11616BR
School of Business Associate Dean - Graduate Programs
The Associate Dean of Graduate Programs duties are configured as 80% administrative and 20% faculty responsibilities.
80% Administrative responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the Ph.D. program in coordination with the Ph.D. Team.
- Provide leadership for all masters programs (except the Masters of Accountancy) in coordination with program directors.
- Ensure coordination between the Masters of Accounting and other masters programs through a dotted line reporting relationship.
- Initiate and manage executive education initiatives.
- Manage graduate student-related policies and procedures, including academic misconduct issues.
- Assume primary responsibility for the School’s interaction with the KU Graduate School.
- Assume primary responsibility for the School’s interaction with external partners in the provision of masters-level programs, including Everspring.
- Work with the School’s AACSB coordinator to ensure Assurance of Learning, Degree Level Assessments, and other graduate policies and procedures are consistent with AACSB and KU standards.
- Represent the School of Business on various KU committees as needed.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Dean or Executive Associate Dean.
- Teach up to one course per semester in his/her field of specialty.
- Advise students, including student mentoring and providing directed readings.
- Supervise graduate teaching assistants, as assigned.
- Serve on committees that supervise and evaluate student progress.
- Provide general service to one’s academic unit, the School, the University, the state, and to the profession.
- Ph.D. in business-related field.
- A record of scholarship commensurate with School of Business standards for a Full Professor in one of the academic fields encompassed by the school.
- Prior experience managing, directing or leading graduate programs in business at AACSB-accredited institutions.
Additional Candidate Instructions
1) on-line application
2) current resume
3) a cover letter
4) the names and contact information for three professional references