School of Business Associate Dean-Graduate Programs - 16002BR
School of Business Associate Dean-Graduate Programs
The School of Business Associate Dean/Professor-Graduate Program is responsible for leadership and management of graduate academic programs and executive education initiatives.
The appointment serves at the pleasure of the Dean of the School of Business. The term is three years with reappointment possible based on a review of performance. This position reports to the Executive Associate Dean of the School of Business and is a 9-month appointment with an administrative supplement, plus summer salary. Summer salary is approximately two months, calculated as 56/272 of the AY salary, where the AY salary includes the administrative supplement but excludes any Professorship or Fellowship stipends.
The Associate Dean - Graduate Programs duties are 50% administrative and 50% faculty responsibilities.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
- Provide leadership for the Ph.D. program in coordination with the Ph.D. Team.
- Provide leadership for all masters programs (except the Masters of Accountancy) in coordination with program directors.
- Ensure coordination between the Masters of Accounting and other masters programs through a dotted line reporting relationship.
- Manage graduate student-related policies and procedures, including academic misconduct issues.
- Assume primary responsibility for the School’s interaction with the KU Graduate School.
- Assume primary responsibility for the School’s interaction with external partners in the provision of masters-level programs, including Everspring.
- Work with the School’s AACSB coordinator to ensure Assurance of Learning, Degree Level Assessments, and other graduate policies and procedures are consistent with AACSB and KU standards.
- Represent the School of Business on various KU committees as needed.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Dean or Executive Associate Dean.
50% Faculty responsibilities:
- Teach one course per semester in his/her field of specialty.
- Advise and mentor students
- Supervise any graduate teaching assistants
- Serve on committees that supervise and evaluate student progress.
- Conduct and publish research in leading business journals
- Provide general service to the academic area, school, university, state, and profession.
- Ph.D. in business-related field.
- A record of research, teaching, and service commensurate with School of Business standards for a full professor in one of the academic fields encompassed by the school.
- At least two years administrative experience similar to a department chair or associate dean at an AACSB school
- Prior experience managing, directing or leading graduate programs in business at AACSB-accredited institutions.
Additional Candidate Instructions
1) on-line application;
2) current CV/resume;
3) a cover letter;
4) names of three professional references, to remain confidential until considering an offer.
In addition to the information above, learning about each applicant's contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU's mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following questions at the time of application. Each response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
- Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
- In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.