Social Content Manager - 12345BR
Social Content Manager
The social content manager is obsessed with the ever-changing landscape of social media and a national brand’s presence there. They are an excellent writer, accurate proofreader, and have an innate sense of the appropriate voice for the University of Kansas. This person easily balances both day-to-day tactical responsibilities with longer-term evaluation and strategic planning tasks.
Work independently to develop annual plans for social media that support Marketing Communications objectives. Produce regular editorial calendars to define and guide all social content development. Produce content for all social platforms; edit all content for accuracy and voice. Select or create appropriate images for social content. Publish all social content. Develop and follow standards for appropriate engagement with users on all KU social platforms. Manage student workers who support social media efforts.
20% Social Media Analysis, Evaluation, and Reporting
Consistently monitor and analyze all social media campaigns and tactics with an eye toward various campaign objectives. Cull insights from research and our own social campaigns; share insights with teammates to use in the development of future marketing plans and social content strategies. Create recommendations for on-the-fly campaign adjustments and for long-term strategic planning. Develop standard reporting tools—dashboards, etc.—for use in the office and with partners. Stay current with industry best-practices, emerging technologies, and trends; share such insights with internal and partner teams.
10% Social Media Strategy and Consultation
Work with Marketing Communications teammates to develop and execute plans for appropriate paid and organic social campaigns for various partners (clients). Provide counsel to the KU communicator community about various social strategies and best-practicesWhen necessary, coordinate with other Public Affairs offices on crisis-management communications.
10% Other Duties
Attend staff and partner meetings. Plan, strategize, trouble-shoot, and seek solutions for a wide range of partners and issues. Work collegially with staff and partners in a team environment. As needed, prepare and present proposals, project-status reports, and other research or evaluations.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or school in advertising, public relations, strategic communications, journalism, marketing, English, creative writing, or a closely related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with social media or other marketing content management and development in an agency setting or in-house marketing unit.
- Experience producing and managing social media strategy for a national brand.
- Significant administrative expertise in all major social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills; deep knowledge of English grammar and style rules.
- Significant experience developing and/or maintaining a written “voice” for a major brand.
- Significant experience creating and publishing quality, on-brand social media content across platforms.
- Experience creating, evaluating, and reporting on objective-driven social media campaigns.
- Experience with social measurement and listening tools, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Insights, Sprout Social, and/or other such tools/services.
- Experience with Doubleclick and Google AdWords.
- Working knowledge of multimedia software, such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with a content management system, such as Drupal, and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience creating, producing, and presenting reports and recommendations to teammates and/or clients with varying degrees of knowledge about social media.
- Experience working with creative and/or strategy teams to create and execute effective social media marketing campaigns.
- A team player, but one with self-initiative, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated with strong organization and attention to detail, as well as the desire to contribute to issue-identification and problem-solving.
- Able to respond to direction and adapt to frequent changes in project tactics, creative strategy, deadlines, and/or market forces.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.