Stage Lighting and Sound Assistant POOL - 12507BR
Stage Lighting and Sound Assistant POOL
- Lighting: hang, focus and maintain theatrical lighting equipment; Console operation, and programming, supervision of students in the Lighting Production course. Other duties as assigned.
- FOH Sound: configure, and operate the sound system for mainstage productions. Involves vocal reinforcement and computerized sound effect playback. Other duties as assigned.
- Sound Production: Record, mix, and edit sound effects for all UT productions. Train student board operators. Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in the operation of light and sound equipment as evidenced in application material. PLEASE SUBMIT A LIST OF SKILLS/EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Lighting: 2-hour class in LIGHTING PRODUCTION - THR 224 OR proven experience in technical theatre
- Attention to detail and self-motivation required. Able to work individually as well as with others as needed
- Familiarity with ETC consoles, automated lighting and CAD/Vectorworks
- Sound: Familiarity with Pro Tools, Q-lab and other computer based audio programs. Experience with standard techniques and practices in vocal reinforcement, system configuration and troubleshooting
Additional Candidate Instructions
THIS IS A POOL POSTING. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period. This posting closes 12/07/18.