Student Assistant - 12347BR
The Department of History is seeking a part-time student assistant to provide essential support for key office functions. The person recruited for this position will have the opportunity to develop skills and experience in administrative office work, customer service, and communications. This position reports to the two office administrators and provides support to the faculty, staff, and students. Duties include receiving visitors and answering phones, copying and organizing, receiving and distributing U.S. and campus mail daily, create course or event flyers, assist office administrators with special projects, and other general office duties. They will also assist office administrator with maintaining and updating department website and social media accounts. The successful candidate for this position will be punctual and reliable, self-motivated; will take the initiative; have a friendly and approachable demeanor and work well with minimal supervision.
- Good written and oral communication skills as evidenced in the application materials
- Organized, with careful attention to detail as demonstrated in the application materials
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous office/customer service experience
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Knowledge of KU Campus
- Experience using Adobe Software
- Experience using social media for business purposes/outreach
- Experience in creating/updating websites
Additional Candidate Instructions
To ensure consideration, submit an application by 11:59pm on Tuesday, July 31, 2018.