Student Circulation Assistant- Music & Dance Library - 22590BR
Student Circulation Assistant- Music & Dance Library
- Provide helpful and friendly assistance to library users in a variety of ways including in-person, telephone, and by email.
- Answer library user questions and provide general information, directional guidance, and referrals to University sources using appropriate library resources and the Internet.
- Check out and return books, periodicals, and other library materials.
- Make referrals to library faculty and staff when appropriate.
- Perform variety of collection maintenance duties including shelving and lifting.
- Assist users with and maintain library equipment.
- Work independently of supervision when necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the University of Kansas.
- Must maintain assigned work schedule.
- Commit to ongoing training in addition to work schedule.
- Must be able to maneuver heavy book trucks 50 lbs or more.
- Educational background in music, dance, or theater.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to library users.
- Recent public service work and/or volunteer experience.
- Library work experience and/or familiarity with KU Libraries as a user.
- Well-developed computer and research skills including knowledge of Voyager library system, database and web-searching, and word processing.
- Work study eligibility.
- Availability to work all year including breaks.
- Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system.
Additional Candidate Instructions
**In addition, please attach a schedule indicating your work availability, Library hours are:
8 am - 8 pm Monday - Thursday
8 am - 5 pm Friday
12 pm - 5 pm Saturday and Sunday.
***will be on campus***
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
10 - 29 hours per week (depending on student status)
Some evening and weekend times required.