Student Greenhouse Assistant - Federal Work Study Only - 11945BR
Student Greenhouse Assistant - Federal Work Study Only
The job duties include assisting with plant care inside and outside, greenhouse sanitation, hanging lamps, cleaning tools, and other assorted tasks at our 2 greenhouse facilities. When supervisor is absent, the employee may need to drive a state van to other greenhouse facility on West Campus.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and present to employer at time of hire.
- Awarded Federal Work study as part of financial aid package.
- Must be able to briefly work outside in periodic hot or cold weather conditions, as evident in application materials.
- Active and capable of a physical workload, as evident in application materials.
- Ability to work independently and is trustworthy, as evident in application materials.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Supervisor, as evident in application materials.
- Available to work over KU holiday breaks.
- Knowledge of plants.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Application review begins on May 17 and will be ongoing until a successful pool of applicants has been identified.