Student Hourly - Capstone Student Assistant - 9801BR
Student Hourly - Capstone Student Assistant
- Student assistant for the Mechanical Engineering Capstone sequence (ME640, ME641, & ME643).
- Administration and set-up of the student project space on west campus (STSP off Becker Drive)
- Assignment and maintenance of lockers
- Maintain inventory of tools and check-in/check-out tools to students
- Maintain supplies as needed (specialty supplies for bio-safety, 3D printer supplies, etc.)
- Monitor compliance with safety standards, including biosafety
- Assist project groups, especially in emergent situations (help locating tools, resources, etc.)
- Assist with coordination and administration of Capstone documentation, including EHS documentation, and building/lab access
**During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
Ability to function independently and make decisions without continuous direct supervision
Project management skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please apply by January 26, 2018